Thursday, August 18, 2011

Post #0098 - Word

Dear Earthlings,
Youngster #2 is approaching one year old.  So far his words are only "mama", "papa", the "t"s. 
There was one occasion, which I think he understands what I'm talking about. 
Asked him whether he wants to eat rice or not. He answered with "Nak" :)
Hmm.. maybe I just got lucky. 

On his motor skills, apart from grabbing, crawling etc, he knows how to clap, wave since 7 months old. 

Anyways, I know that it is not nice for me to compare my kids, but I just can't help it. 
I tend to compare on the development, like what have Youngster #1 achieved during her one year old. So I expressed my concern to Youngster #2 principal and (of course) I got scolded because comparing the kids. 

Nani, a friend that I knew since my early working days back in 2006.  Read her blog about speech therapy and discovered that by practising it can stimulate kids talking.


رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِى صَدْرِى * وَيَسِّرْ لِى أَمْرِى * وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسانِى * يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِى
“Rabbi-shrahli shodri wayassirli amri wa-hlul ‘uqdata-mmi-llisani ya-fqahu qauli”
Meaning,
“Ya Tuhanku, lapangkanlah untukku dadaku, dan mudahkanlah untukku urusanku, dan lepaskanlah kekakuan dari lidahku, supaya mereka mengerti perkataanku”.

This line was read by Nabi Musa when he was meeting and conversing with the Firaun. 

Read it each time we preparing milk/food for the kids. 
Insha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment