Sunday, February 27, 2011

Post #0028 - You know it's about time to..

Dear Earthlings,

I first started to develop my interest over photography since I was little. But left it behind my head until I got my hand on my-very-first-camera-bought-with-my-own-moolah. That was somewhere in 2003. 
Since then, I'm hooked with shuttering!

If I'm not mistaken, it priced around Ringgit Malaysia 1800. And for me (a student during that time) it took quite a BIG chuck out of my pocket. So there it is, my very first own camera - Sony Cybershot P100(5.1 mp) and I chose Red. Just because I want to be different.  

Later, when BigSis moved to Edin.burgh (in 2005), I handed over the said camera to her kids - to be shared by my niece & nephew. For two years, I was out of camera until GadgetGeek presented another set of camera - Sony Cybershot N2. (10.1 mp) on V's day 2007.

Seriously, I'm a sucker when it comes to Megapixels. I'll just get any camera that has the highest MP. To me, Sony cameras are user friendly compared to other brands. Anyways, N2 has been loyal to me ever since, until early this year I noticed.. it's about time for me to get a new one. 
The image started to get blurry each time I want to take picture and it can no more focus well. 
What can I say, it has been with me for more than 4 years.

So now, I think it's about time for me to take the photographer-wannabe to the another level. Currently. I'm eyeing on D90 and D7000. But the problem now is to find a beginner class (and moolah too!),  to learn how to use this gadget. Because I don't want to spend thousands of Ringgit, yet the only function I use is Auto. 
Oh yeah, I'm a Nikonians, (yet to own a Nikon, but dare to call herself Nikonians? pfff!) but GadgetGeek is a Canonians. (His cameras + vid.camera are all from Canon) How conflicting is that. 

So far, my moolah is still (far-far) away from the budget (a body + lens + ext flash + Crumpler PhotoBag) = (approx RM15k). Hahaha..  Loooooooong way to go babe! Unless someone wants to give it as a gift and/or sponsor. Hehe

Though GadgetGeek wants it to be on him, I'd rather wait another 2 years for this. (because I know, he will keep on pursuading me to go for Canon)
Hmm.. Let see.. Maybe I would re-consider his offer (BUT minus the brand) :P Nahhh, I rather wait. 
(No. It's not an ego thingy. It's just a satisfaction)

Now playing : Kalau berpacaran - Suhaimi Mior Hassan, Ana Raffali

No comments:

Post a Comment