Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Post #0078 - The Dearly Beloved

Dear Earthlings, 
At a certain age, wedding invitation rarely reach you and start receiving the  baby shower, birth announcements, kids birthdays etc instead. As so, this is where I am now. 

I couldn't remember when was the last time I attend a wedding; which also explains why I stop tailoring my dress and just wear what ever that fit me in my closet. I couldn't be bothered about new clothes, new shoes, new handbags. You name it.  
Unless, if I know a wedding coming up (way in advance.. say 6 months at least) then only I make an effort. Otherwise, what you see is what you get.   
Like last Sunday, I received a wedding invitation from my junior.  
Two hours before the reception, I THOUGHT I have something nice to wear, but in reality I have nothing. Seriously.
This is when I wished I tailored at least a piece or two a proper dress to an event. And this is not the first time I feel such a way. Sigh. 

So the last resort was -
I spared my dress to my family's place and headed straight to Lil Sis I's wardrobe with the intention to beg for her dress. Previously.. when I was single... err.. that was like 5 years ago (so fast?) .. err.. we used to share clothes. I mean, it was me who always take her tops. Actually, it's more like borrowing without returning. Hehe.. Merely because we were off the same size - UK6. 

Then on that one fine Sunday evening, me.. confidently picked her nicest dress.
It didn't take me long trying out one dress to another. The dresses barely can be zipped, most of the second piece can only fit to my knees. My God. It was depressing. 

The depressing was more because of my mom. She was in the same room, watching and at the same time kept on yacking me to exercise. Bla.Bla.Bla. 
WTH. What was I thinking? I know I gained few pounds, but mentally, think that I'm still slim as before. pfft. 
(Which also explains why I keep on differing my exercise routine :)

After an hour (plus), I gave up and just wear what ever that can fit me. 

Anyways, picture of the couple. 
Held at Villa Felda, Kuala Lumpur.

Now playing : Aretha Franklin - I say a little prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment