Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Post #0135 - Another set of Wishlist : Nikon 1 -vs- Sony NEX

Dear Earthlings, 
I think it has been more than 4 years I said that I need to get myself a DSLR. (And) as you can see, the DSLR is still living in my d.r.e.a.m. Hahaha. Haven't materialised, yet!

As I am a self-proclaimed a Nikonian, I decided to buy a Nikon DSLR. That was the last year's story. But had to put on hold because I just got to know the difference between full frame and half frame on that day itself. Sadly, full frame for Nikon costs a bomb! Boo-hoo! (Yes, my knowledge in DSLR is very-very-very micro tiny)

Though I can't afford to have a full frame Nikon DSLR, I (still) do  not want to settle for Canon even though their full frame is in my affordable range. No hard feeling for Canon user, the truth is I don't really appreciate their colors. Tried one on GadgetGeek's camera as he is a Canon Lover.

Not only that, I keep on persuading myself that I  don't have time to learn on  how to handle a professional camera, for now I believe this is my best resort.



-vs-  



I'm torn between this two mainly because I'm a SONY sucker, and at the same time wanted to move to Nikon. 
Whatever it is, one thing in common, they are compact cams with interchangeable lens, lightweight, can do movies and can do miracle (almost) the same like DSLR. (ok, that's more than one)  Verrrrrrry practical for those who travel with kids. 

I definitely do not want to lose my bags and most importantly my camera bag each time we travel with the youngsters. There are many incidents that parents tend to leave/lost one of their bags during their vacation due to so-many-hand-luggage. 

For all I know, I will be switching on the Auto mode (like always) and by having a DSLR would be a waste of money (another key point to have this micro :P )

I'm still doing my research and comparing these products. But for now, Sony wins-
1) I'm used to its cameras.. annndddd
2) It has 16. - 24.7 MP (Yeah I know. Our eyes can't see it much, but as I said before, I'm a sucker when it comes to MP!)

Nonetheless my concern is, will it tilt? How stable is the camera when we attach the lens?

Now playing : -

2 comments: