Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post #0216 - Someone has the nerve to call me up

Dear Earthlings, 

We are now entering month 8 being maidless. 
The one that we got December last year, was returned to the Agent early January  because (I think) she plans to go jalan-jalan while working in KL. Hmm.. my rule is simple, I don't bring maid along when I go for outing with my family. So she was with us for about a month. 

During that stint period, I'd say she was a fast learner (minus all the tense she gave me). However, what iritates me..  she always ask us to send her to her mom's place (the mother also working as a maid in Selangor) - like everyday which I don't think I can tolerate with. 

There was a twist where the Agent didn't tell the maid that she will not be paid for the first 5 months. So she was very upset when I told her the Agent's agreement with us. Fast forward, we send her back to the port together with her one month salary. (kira macam sedekah lah)

The Agent then promised to send us a replacement maid. 
Nonetheless, sampai hari ni batang hidung pon tak nampak. Wanted to report to the Indonesian Embassy about the agent, but GadgetGeek wouldn't let me do so. Afraid that the Agent might go to bomoh us.

End of Indo maid story.

Next one.

Well, two weeks ago.. I received a call from a blocked number saying.. "mau kerja" and the caller keep on saying "mau kerja".
Me.. (on medical leave that day) was a bit blur like.. takde salam ke apa terus cakap nak kerja. I thought it's a wrong number or maybe our weekly maid Agent gave us our number. something like that lah.
So I hang up.

The following night I received an international call. Started with +855. 
I told GadgetGeek, maybe it's the Indo Agent who call (which it's about time laa kan). But then GadgetGeek asked me to google the code instead.

It turned out, 



I didn't bother to pick up the call.
Then it hit me. 
The call that I received on the other day must be our Cambodian maid that stayed with us for less than 8 days asking for a job! I was like, hellooo.. after all that she has done.. she has the nerve to call us for a job? arrr...

Youngster #2 will be two by end of this month, so it  means..  it has been almost 2 years since we returned her to the Agent. I guess her Employer decided not to renew her contract??
I'm in the opinion, if she's really good and has been trained for 2 years.. why the heck the Employer wants to let her go isn't it? 
Must be something wrong. 

I remember when I was in the hospital (delivering Youngster #2) the Cambodian maid was staying at my mom's place.. she refused to get up for sahur and spent most of her time napping. The best part was, she pulled her blanket and continue to sleep. 
Agak hangin di situ. On the very next day, I asked GadgetGeek to call up the Agent and returned her for the sake of our peace of mind.  

Orang prangai macam tu, bagi free pon tak nak!
Sekian, terima kasih.

Right now, we are eyeing on a Muslim Filipino. It is not easy to have a Muslim one since most of them are Christians.
Whatever it is, we have decided to have the one with experience. I can't afford to have a fresh/young ones because I know.. deep down inside.. I don't have the patience. 


Now playing : -

1 comment:

  1. kecek pasal maid ni meme x habis. meme mace gambling. mine, i have been tolerated for almost a year now, so far so good walaupon terlalu banyak sangaaatt endurance. demanding dok sangat.. but if we started to tanyo nok itu or ini (acap la sokmo tu) she will say yess nok itu nok ini.. but if we x oyak or tanyo, she will accept as it is. sokmo pon acaplaa baik hati 'tanyelaaa bibik nk makan ape' heh!

    anyway, good luck with the maid hunting (again) meme tenseeenn pkr pasal maid. hok nv ni pon tatau la bertahan sapa brapo lamo. hope last long.. :)

    ReplyDelete